The Department of Social Development have set up a Bereavement Service – Free phone: 0800 085 2463.
You may contact this service to:-
- Report a death to Social Security Agency
- Check entitlement to bereavement benefits/ financial help
- Make a claim for Bereavement Benefits
- Make a claim for the Social Fund Funeral Payment.
- N.B. We are able to provide you with D.S.D leaflet.
You can also find more details at nidirect.gov.uk, under Government, Citizens and Rights, in the section on Death and Bereavement.